On 2011 Nov 10, at 4:47, Aki Armann Jonsson wrote:

Dear all.

Is there a way to generate a PDF(invoices) and place it into a container field and send it in an email as an attachment, all within the same script?

I am working in Filemaker 11v4 on a Mac and all the files are being served from Filemaker server 11 on a MacMini. It is a multi-user solution.

It would also be nice to be able to save the PDF's in a designated folder on the MacMini.

with regards fro  sunny Iceland :)

Aki Armann Jonsson

Director

Environment Agency of Iceland

Corn Walker's advice is sound.

I just want to tack on an addendum about making sure that you think your way thru the process of organizing your output PDF files within the folders in your operating system's file-storage hierarchy. Ideally, you'd like to have a reliable, consistent place to which such files can be written (and from which they can be retrieved), and it should be a location that's accessible to everyone who needs them. You should also have a file-naming convention that's widely understood and serves to adequately distinguish the PDF files from each other. Thinking these things thru in advance will pay dividends over the long run.

These are not directly FMP issues, but they certainly affect how efficiently your FMP database system will operate.