Thanks a million Corelius ;)

... I will try this later on today....

From: Corn Walker <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 10.11.2011 13:10
Subject: Re: PDF into a container field, email it and save on a disk - all within the same script?

On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:47 AM, Aki Armann Jonsson wrote:

> Is there a way to generate a PDF(invoices) and place it into a container field and send it in an email as an attachment, all within the same script?
>
> I am working in Filemaker 11v4 on a Mac and all the files are being served from Filemaker server 11 on a MacMini. It is a multi-user solution.
>
> It would also be nice to be able to save the PDF's in a designated folder on the MacMini.

To specify where you want the PDF saved you'll need to use a variable as the path. e.g.

 Set Variable [$path; Value:Get(DesktopPath) & "yourFileName.pdf"]

The "Save Records as PDF" script step has "Create email with file as an attachment" as one of its options.

 Save Records as PDF [No dialog; "$path"; Create email; Current record]

To then place it in a container field, use the Insert File script step, also relying on the $path variable you created.

 Insert File [YourTable::YourField; "$path"]

The documentation for each of these steps should get you the rest of the way there.

Cheers,
-corn

Cornelius Walker
The Proof Group