from [log in to unmask]

Dear Applied Linguist,

Apologies for cross-posting.

Here at Michigan State University, we are conducting a research study about
the knowledge and use of statistics and quantitative analysis in the field
of applied linguistics and second language acquisition. We would like to
invite you to participate in this survey. We would like to receive
as* those who are more interested in qualitative research. Furthermore, we
are interested in responses from both professors and graduate students.

Your participation in this study is completely voluntary. You may withdraw
from the study or decline to participate in any portion of the study. The
survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.

There are no risks anticipated with participation in this survey, apart
from a possible mild frustration regarding your level of statistical
knowledge. Participation in the survey will not benefit you directly;
however, it is anticipated that the results from this survey will help
inform and improve the use of statistics in our field.

Your data will be kept confidential and your privacy will be protected to
the maximum allowable by law. No names will be collected in the survey.
Research materials and data will be kept in the researchers’ offices, which
are locked at all times, and on password protected computers.

Contact Information: If you have any questions or concerns regarding this
study, please contact the Principal Investigator, Shawn Loewen, PhD at *
[log in to unmask]*, or by phone (517) 353-9790, or by mail at A-746 Wells
Hall, Department of Linguistics and Languages, Michigan State University,
East Lansing, MI 48824. We are happy to answer any questions you may have
about the research study. If you have any questions not addressed by the
consent form, please do not hesitate to ask.

If you have questions or concerns about your rights as a research
participant, please feel free to contact the Human Subject Protection
Programs at Michigan State University: (517) 355-2180, fax: (517) 432-4503,
email: *[log in to unmask]*, or regular mail: 207 Olds Hall, East Lansing MI
48824.

You indicate your voluntary consent to participate in this research study
by accessing the link below and filling out the survey. Thank you for your
time.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3T8LPZM

The Research Team,

Shawn Loewen, Roman Chepyshko, Betsy Lavolette, Mostafa Papi, Jens
Schmidtke, Le Anne Spino, Scott Sterling and Dominik Wolff

P.S.: Please feel free to forward this email to any interested individuals!