Just a very pedestrian correction of the Latin citation (probaby of Chilon of Sparta; http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilon_von_Sparta):
de mortuis nil nisi bene (not: bonum)
that is to say: don't speak about a dead person if not in a good, fair manner
which is quite different. And thus could help to find the right way now to speak about Steve Jobs.
Apologies for the pedestrian remark.
Manfred

De mortuis nil nisi bonum dicendum est (of the dead nothing but good should be said) is generally the motto for the first day or so. Some people seem to want to canonise him, but that's going too far for me. I am very thankful for what Steve Jobs made of Apple and the (mostly) wonderful products they've created which make my life so much easier than if I'd gone Windows back in 1986 when I got my first computer.

John
--
John Brownie, [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
On furlough in Finland from: