Hello,

I have an invoicing solution that needs reporting on promotions.

Table Invoice Header
Table Invoice Lines

Example promtion.
Buy 10 of 20 different item numbers, mix and match and get 1 of a single item number free (shows zero price on invoice).

What would be the best way to find that this promotion is on a single invoice and then total all of the participating invoices into a report?

Should I go through the header table or search against lines?
Could I use a relationship with an returned text fields containing item numbers?

These reports will be used alot but I don't want the overhead of reruning them on the fly just to report history that will never change.
Should I flatten the report into another table for quicker reporting?

All and any help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Jason Bourque