In a FM Server 11 environment, UserA is finding a range of records in File1, going to File2, and importing the File1 records (it’s a FM6 inherited system, therefore different files...)

Every so often, one of the records does not import, all the others do. It’s never the first or last record, seems to be random.

Using a backup copy outside of the network, no problems, all the records import correctly. All I can think of is that UserB is in a File2 record, which forms part of UserA’s found set, and with the cursor in a field on that record, at the time of import process, and the record cannot be imported?

Is this likely the reason? Does a record need to be “unlocked” for importing? What script steps can I include to warn UserA that a record is locked before the import, or after the import process, that during importing, one or more records could not be imported?

Once again, really appreciate your thoughts.

Rgds

Peter