Our shipping dept tracks containers on Filemaker. Each container has a

master record, which includes fields for:

-        container number   (unique identifier)

-        location  (physical location, port name, unlimited number of
locations,

each with unique code)

-        type  (about 15 different types (ie size), each with a unique code)

I already have a report which summarises by location, then by type, and

shows only the total number against each type, and totals by locations.

Works fine.

However, the shipping guys want a report in the following

'spreadsheet-type' format :

Rows down the left hand side :

Location 1

Location 2

Location 3

etc with totals end of each row

Columns across the top :

Type A

Type B

Type C

etc with totals at bottom of each column

(They require only the totals per location/type)

I have started by extracting all the records into a new table, with just

the above 3 fields for each record.

Now I need some ideas, please.

Rgds

Peter