Hi Nobumi

I've been using Dropbox and symlinks for almost one year, now, to keep automagically in synch an iMac and a MBA

I instinctively opted for replacing with symlinks *original* folders and moving these to Dropbox (creating a "Library_synch" folder containing "Application Support", "Cache" and so on just to remember instantly where synched items came from ;-)

Not sure if it also applies to Mac OS (nor if it is true) but I think that the other way around leads to actually duplicating files on your HD. Anyway... my setup works just fine even for AddressBook, iCal and Safari

If you don't need/want your files to be accessible from anywhere around the world you may also consider Synk Pro 7 (an excellent backup software) that can work the same way Dropbox does but... only when both machines are on the same network

I'm using both ;-)

--
paolo savonuzzi

http://paolosavonuzzi.org