I have the strong feeling that there is nothing in it for me. Certainly not enough to compensate for the loss of Rosetta.

Cheers, geoff

At 5:17 PM +1000 8/6/11, Brian Ferguson wrote:
<http://www.apple.com/au/macosx/whats-new/features.html>

To me it appears that Lion will provide considerable support for Applications from Developers.

Worth looking at:

'Versions' : Browse versions. Side-by-side comparisons.
'Text': more languages.
'System Preferences': Scroll direction Preference - Wow.
'Screen Sharing: More secure.
'Safari': Major changes.
'Multi-touch Gestures': Heavily promoted for MacBook Air users.
'Mission Control': New.
'Mail': Total rewrite it seems.
'Mac App Store': I'm not sure you can get a DVD but to install Lion directly you need to go to the App Store but you can't do that is you don't use Snow Leopard. Bit of a Gotcha here.
'Launchpad': App launcher
'Accessibility': Big increase in VoiceOver, braille, etc.

Conclusion: The Mac is mot going away anytime soon.
How will Nisus Software cope?