This may be off topic, but our Foreign Languages Dept. chair is wondering how other institutions deliver WiFi? He asked me to ask all my listservs to find out what other folks do.

Here, both students and faculty must register our devices (up to 2) with the IT dept. Then there is a complicated (for most people) setup that one must do to set up the laptop or netbook to be able to use the wifi connection. Since we have a population of commuter students and over 60% of our faculty are part-time, many are not aware of what needs to be done to use wifi and many people are frustrated.

What does your institution do? Login with institution ID? Do you have guest accounts?

I apologize for being off topic. You could email me privately. Your answers will help us improve our situation!

Carol Reitan

Carol H. Reitan
Education Technology Department
Instructor of French,