The answer is 'Yes'.

I have used VueScan at various times despite having scanning applications with an Epson TX710W Printer/Scanner.
It is extremely simple to use and not too expensive. I don't think there is an available scanner missing from VueScan's lists although sometimes the name of your scanner may differ from VueScan's names because of different countries. E.g. my Epson printer/scanner is known as Artisan.

You can scan to TIFF or PDF; if the latter then PDFpen Pro will help for OCR and corrections. In PDF Pro you can create multi-page documents by using the 'Input | Multi page' option.  You can preview multiple pages, rearrange the order, and then save the pages to a TIFF or PDF file.

  VueScan go to   <www.hamrick.com>

It is updated weekly.

Having the paper on the scanner table is essential.

======