Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - NISUS Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Listers

I am in the process of scanning old books.

I am using a five year old Canon printer scanner and then once the MP Navigator has scanned, I use VelOCRaptor to do the ocr work.

I sometime find that entire pages need revision. I am therefore wondering whether there has been an improvement in scanners for OCR work over the last few years. Or is my problem quite simply I am not getting the text flat enough against the scanner window ?

Would be grateful for any ideas for making text less tedious.