Takamitsu,
If you want the footnote reference number in the footnote to be the same as the footnote reference number in the body, do the following:
• on the NW menubar, click on the styles button
• under Character Styles, click "Footnote Reference"
• use the character formatting palette to determine the settings you want
• scroll down to Note Styles, click on "Footnote"
• in the big light-blue shaded box, find Doc Reference Style and Note reference Style, and for each select "Footnote Reference"
• save
HTH
Simi
Simeon Chavel
Assistant Professor of Hebrew Bible
The University of Chicago Divinity School
1025 E. 58th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
tel.: +1.773.702.6387
fax: +1.773.702.6048