Just out of curiosity...

I have seen pictures of book scanners in which the book need only be opened
90 degrees, implying that the scanning area runs up to, or nearly up to, the
edge the book is draped over. Anybody have experience with these? I presume
they are more expensive than flat-bed scanners, but the do keep the pages
flat.

-- Ferren
(Dr) Ferren MacIntyre   1 Chemin des Echarts
Campagne sur Aude     11260 France
42.91500N, 2.20900E    +33 (0)468 748870
GMT+100
OSX 10.6.7  MacBook Pro 5,1
2.4 GHz Intel Core-2 Duo, 4 GB
(Swollen battery removed so the