On 2011 Apr 19, at 18:24, Jonathan Fletcher wrote:

Alan Weiss says to fire 15% of your clientele every year. Sounds like you've got your first really good candidate for that category.

It's easy for me to say I'd walk.

You're the one who has to decide, though.

Well, since I've been retired for over a decade, I do all my database development pro bono for worthy non-profit organizations, so it's not as if I'd be throwing away any money, but in some ways that makes it harder, because I feel I've let this group of good folx down by not being able to meet their actual data needs.

OTOH, what they're asking for is a horrendous amount of work, even if it would be something I enjoyed (as I normally DO enjoy building FMP databases), and I suspect they'll spend the next 5 years kicking themselves over the limitations of the system they're moving into. This is very frustrating.