Ready or not, here it comes!

The Vertical Challenge is on again!

For those who don't know what it is, the VC is an event held by the DOC to
encourage getting outside through (mostly friendly) competition.  You get
points for doing awesome things outside (hiking, biking, climbing, kayaking,
trail-running), and we keep track of how many points each sub-club gets.
People can join in anytime.

To get points for something, just blitz me what you did, who went with you,
and when you did it (specifics below).

Starting TODAY (4/22), you have 1 month to rack up as many points as
possible (and maybe have some fun along the way).

VC:  Spring 2011

04/22 until 11:59:59 PM on 05/20

Get outside and blitz in your adventures!

-Chris

Point rules:

Kayaking:

Blitz me where you went, how many laps you did, and who went with you.

Climbing:

Blitz me the rating of the climb (i.e. 5.8 or 5.gorillion) and whether or
not you were climbing trad.

Hiking:

Blitz me elevation hiked (ascending and descending), and whether or not it
was a trailwork trip (bonus for trailwork!!)

Mountain Bikers:

Blitz in where you rode, for how long, and how many people were on the ride.

DOUBLE DAY:  Do two sports in one day and you get the points from whichever
you scored less in again for your team of choice.

e.g.:

200 points for kayaking

150 points for climbing

150 bonus points for your team of choice

TRIPLE DAY:  Do three sports and then you get 2 times the one you did least
for your team.

e.g.:

200 points for kayaking

150 points for climbing

140 points for hiking

280 bonus points (yeah triple day) for your team of choice

QUADRUPLE DAY:  If you do four sports in one day you win the VC.

                                Dartmouth Mountain Biking

To blitz to the list, send a blitz to [log in to unmask]
To be removed from the list, blitz "SIGNOFF DOC-MOUNTAIN-BIKING" to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions about anything biking related blitz MBC