My wife herd today from a former colleague at SBS Radio in Australia
where she was Melbourne Producer of the Portuguese language program.
Brazilian guy, now in Japan teaching Portuguese and English, possibly
at Tokyo University -- or a university in Tokyo.

He was up towards Sendai with friends for a day at the beach. He left
early. They were all caught by the tsunami.

We're seeing new vision tonight of the tsunami hitting a coastal
village. Just immense power. And now the nuclear power stations are
rumbling. OMG, what next?

best
geoff