I work in an enviroment that using access.    I have them export each of the tables into excel files and then I import the excel files into filemaker and make my own data base. I usually get three different excel files which link together in my filemaker program. That means that I make 3 different tables in Filemaker.   It is very easy to import and then link. The trick is that each time there are changes, I have to remember to import only the changes into each of the tables that I formed with filemaker.   I have gotten it down to a science after many mistakes but it is possible.  Also if you access has certain forms, I do not believe you will get the forms but you have to set them up yourself.
Susan