I've recently switched from 10.4.11 to 10.6.5 and
am having various problems, among them this one.

The original app was saved as a stay-open
application in the old way (ie. not a bundle) and
begins like this:

property eunotice : ""
property eudora : "Eudora"
property |scripts| : {|mail arrives|:"", |mail sent|:(""), |has connected|:Â
	(""), |has manually filtered|:(""), |will connect|:""}
property watchlist : {inheaders:{}} as record

I have tried re-saving it from Smile (and from
Script Editor) as an application bundle but I'm
still getting the same problem, and that is that
I can't get or set its properties.  In other
words this fails with an error:

tell application "eunotice" to get its eudora

Is it that my AppleScript has gone rusty or is
there something I should know about the way
things are done nowadays?

JD