"The timpani head is actually sprayed down with water to create a better
resistance between the head and fingers. I played it using my thumbs facing
horozonatally to each other, starting from the head center pressing through
the drum pulling my fingers toward me. I've found its easier to get a more
pronounced tone pulling toward you than trying to push away"

"Candy Bear" commenting on the Japanese band version of the piece.