People

I am going to spend a few days proof reading the scanned manuscript of my first novel (published back in 1982) and will upload it to the Amazon site.

Apart from the first page, the entire text is in one font of one size.

Am I right in thinking that Amazon wants the text in its simplest expression so that it can then be converted into their .azw format ?

There is, I see, at Mobipocket there is an eBook creator that allows you to format before uploading but unfortunately it doesn't run on Macs.

Do any listers have experience of formatting books on Amazon ?