On 20 Oct 2010, at 03:01, Doug Browne wrote:

I have been using VelOCRaptor for my small OCR needs and it works well. The developer was helpful too

I realise now that Omnipage must have been updated for my Canon printer.

However, I have followed Doug's wise advice and bought Velocraptor. It does what I ask it to do but I find that it is difficult to get the book page flat and square against the glass of my Canon scanner.

One question. Why doesn't Nisus underline all the mistakes ? Sometimes there are things that are obviously wrong, with a zero instead of an o and Nisus fails to see it.

I am slowly going through my first novel. It takes me about five minutes to scan and edit a page.

THDW