The Vertical Challenge is on again!

For those who don't know what it is, the VC is an event held by the DOC to encourage getting outside through (mostly friendly) competition.  You get points for doing awesome things outside (hiking, biking, climbing, kayaking, trail-running), and we keep track of which sub-clubs are getting points.

To get points for your sub-club, just blitz your point total for playing outside, along with what you did and who came along to me!  The point descriptions are below, and if you have any questions, just shoot me a blitz.  Keep in mind that the number of points for an activity (i.e. climbing Mt. Everest) gets multiplied by the number of people who went on the trip.

We will take points starting TODAY (9/27), so if you did something sweet today let me know!

People can join in anytime!

IN REVIEW

VC:  2010 Fall Edition

09/27/10 - 10/23/10 (or a bit earlier if it happens to start snowing next week or something.)

Rules for points are below

There will be an 'awards ceremony' on Saturday, Oct 23rd.  More info will come later.

That's all for now!

GET OUTSIDE!

-Chris

Point rules:

Kayakers:

All vertical is multiplied by 5 regardless of difficulty of river.  You can often find average gradient on AW, then multiply by length of the run you did to find how much vert you dropped.  If not, blitz me and we'll work it out!

Climbers:

Your system is getting more and more complicated. But this year sick nasty climbing will be rewarded more:

5.0-5.5 => x1

5.6-5.7 => x2

5.8-5.9 => x3

5.10 => x4

5.11 => x5

5.12 => x6

5.13 => x7

5.14 => x8

If you are climbing trad add one to your multiplier.

If you are confused, just take a deep breath and try again

Hikers:

Trail work will be awarded 1/3 of the vertical gained and lost.

Normal hiking will be given 1/4 of the vertical feet traversed (up and down!).

Mountain Bikers:

Still working on a system.  For now, blitz in where you rode, for how long, and how many people were on the ride.

The double day is still in effect.  Do two sports in one day and you get the points from whichever you scored less in again for your team.

e.g.:

200 points for kayaking

150 points for climbing

150 points (again) for climbing

Gives you 500 points!!

For the triple day, do three sports and then you get 2 times the one you did least for your team.

e.g.:

200 for kayaking

150 for climbing

140 for hiking

280 (yeah triple day) for hiking

Gives you a bajillion points! (770..but who's counting)

The Vertical Challenge is on again!

For those who don't know what it is, the VC is an event held by the DOC to encourage getting outside through (mostly friendly) competition.  You get points for doing awesome things outside (hiking, biking, climbing, kayaking, trail-running), and we keep track of which sub-clubs are getting points.

To get points for your sub-club, just blitz your point total for playing outside, along with what you did to me!  The point descriptions are below, and if you have any questions, just shoot me a blitz.

We will take points starting TODAY (9/27), so if you did something sweet today let me know!

People can join in anytime!

IN REVIEW

VC:  2010 Fall Edition

09/27/10 - 10/23/10 (or a bit earlier if it happens to start snowing next week or something.)

Rules for points are below

There will be an 'awards ceremony' on Saturday, Oct 23rd at 9 Maple St.  More info will come later.

[...]

If you are confused, just ask!

And then get back outside!

 If you are confused, just ask!

And then get back outside!

                                Dartmouth Mountain Biking

To blitz to the list, send a blitz to [log in to unmask]
To be removed from the list, blitz "SIGNOFF CYCLING" to [log in to unmask]

If you have any questions about anything biking related blitz MBC