John

Thanks for your advice. I think I will go for Filemaker hosting and will check out your website as well.

Regards
Bruce

On 26/07/2010 03:53 PM, John May wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">Using FileMaker as a front-end for MySQL is generally not the best solution, and will require a lot of time optimizing due to FileMaker's inefficiencies when accessing external datasources.

As for hosting companies, we've been hosting FileMaker for over 11 years now.  We use Apple Xserves for all of our hosting, all at under 20% utilization rates.  Feel free to try our risk-free 30 day trial to see that our services perform quite snappily:

    http://www.pointinspace.com/

You'll also find that our support is a lot more accessible and knowledgeable than many of the larger hosting providers.

    - John