You can't. You can duplicate scripts, then delete steps, leaving what you wanted. You can also import scripts to move them between files.

To move script steps from one existing script to another in filemaker 5.5; print the script and recreate that in your target script. A hi-lighter can help here. (I know that's not the answer you wanted.)

And in your previous message about filemaker reaching out and touching copies of files not in the current directory - yes, that's one of the biggest gotchas of developing in Filemaker 6 and back. It is storing the file path internally in each and every file you ever opened. (as you have found). The trick is to "break" that file path when you switch working directories. I used to insert the work "break" into the folder name containing the solution when I wanted to be sure FM wouldn't "find" it. Then when I finished and wanted to reopen those files, I'd insert "break" in the other folder and remove it from the one I wanted to work in before I opened anything. Crude but effective.

Geoff