On Mar 13, 2010, at 6:00 PM, FMPRO-L automatic digest system wrote:

Topics of the day:

 1. Related record creation (3)
 2. Choosing a printer ... permanently

Date:    Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:42:58 -0600
From:    Steve Abrahamson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Related record creation

Barrie,

What field are you typing into in the portal?
Thanks Steve

I'm typing into a text field. In this case the portal to the related table contains only
a text field, two date fields, and a check box that are visible. The 'person' ID number,
current record flag (yes/no) and the concatenation of the two (the match field)
are hidden beneath the four entry fields.

Steve Abrahamson
Ascending Technologies
FileMaker Certified Developer
   http://www.asctech.com