Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - MACSCRPT Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

On Jan 5, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Chuck Pelto wrote:

> Is it possible to have an applescript change the startup or boot drive and then restart the computer?
>
> I see the 'restart' verb in the dictionary. But I see no way to designate a change in the boot drive.
>
> Happy New Year,
>
> Chuck

The shell command bless can do it.

sudo bless --mount /volumes/OtherDisk --setBoot

or in AppleScript

do shell script "bless --mount /volumes/OtherDisk --setBoot" with administrator privileges

-Mark
hacking nvram is another possibility but that scares me