Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - MACSCRPT Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Is it possible, from a script, to determine the state from the zip code?

I have a script that reads an address from a data base, but the address
doesn't contain a state. (In the past all the user's addresses were in
California, now they are covering listings other states.)

(The user is working on getting the state inserted in the data in future
builds, but until then we have hundreds of addresses that need to be fixed).

ES