Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - LLTI Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

--- Forwarded Message from Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:38:41 -0400
>From: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rosetta Stone question
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Irene Starr <[log in to unmask]>

I would appreciate any info on this question which appeared today on a UMass
listserv:
"I would like some opinions on anyone that has used the Rosetta Stone
computer program for learning a second language. Is it worth the expense?
($500.00 - up) I have someone coming from Columbia that would like to learn
English using this program but I can not find one. Can you load it onto any
computer? Is it difficult to learn? I appreciate any advice. Thank you."

Thanks,
Irene

Language Learning Technology (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for
Language Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).