Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - MACSCRPT Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

On Jun 2, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Andreas Kiel wrote:

> Thanks so much Ed for spending the time to test it.
> If I run your set up it works smoothly, if I use my real files it
> won't.
> Maybe it has something to do with with the block size the file is
> growing.

It hit me that the problem might be with whatever is creating the
files and that they don't get the final real name until close.  FTP
can do this and anything linked with 10.3 (I think) and before
binaries may have issues with file names longer than 32 characters
and the name might not be supported through the entire process which
would cause a temporary shorter name.