Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - MACSCRPT Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Hi all,

I already asked at the ASS list, but it might be better to ask here.

I'm a little bit desperate about getting the file size of a busy file
when the file name has more than 31 characters.
It always works if the file is written, but not when the file is busy
and that's what I need.
I tried a shell script, get eof, size of (info). Always same behaviour.

Anybody any idea why - or how to solve?
Sure I could use a temporary name and then re-name the files, but
maybe there is something more elegant.

Regards
Andreas