Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV - LLTI Archives - LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

We had 4 of the Samsung SV-5000W's in classrooms and 3 failed within
2 years for no apparent reason. I would not buy them again, though
they are inexpensive.

We have replaced them (slowly) with Panasonic AG-W3's, which run
around $ 1600, but are well worth the money.

JVC also makes one (JVC HR-S6970 S-VHS Multi System VCR - about $
350), and although I can't vouch for it, I have several JVC miniDV-
VHS and JVC miniDV-DVD and they are great products.

Jose

On Nov 17, 2006, at 9:22 AM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
> ---
>
>> Date:         Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:28:54 -0500
>> From: Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Multi-system vcr
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> cc: Viktor Berberi <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Forgive me if I've missed a recent post on this, but I'm looking for
>
> current information regarding a perennial problem:
>
> Our multi-system vcr just went out, and I'm thinking of replacing
> it wi
> th
> either a Samsung SV-5000W vcr with built-in converter (still available
>
> from digitalmegastore.com, among others, for $308, though they may no
> longer be making them) or a multi-system vcr together with a separate
> converter (world-import.com, also known as World Gift Center, has a
> combo
>
> package for $429.99).
>
> The separate converter claims to produce better quality video. I've
> als
> noticed a couple of posts from 2004 warning against doing business
> with
>
> World Gift Center.
>
> Does anyone have advice about either of these or another solution for
> playing PAL and French SECAM tapes?
>
> Thanks,
> Viktor Berberi
> The Hasselmo Language Teaching Center
> University of Minnesota, Morris

> **********
> **
> LLTI is a service of IALLT, the International Association for
> Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language
> Teaching and Learning (http://www.languageconsortium.org/).
> Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.
> Otmar K. Foelsche, LLTI-Editor ([log in to unmask])
> **********
> **

Jose C. Rodriguez
Director of Technology: Emory College Language Center
office: 404.727.9351
cell: 404.909.2365
fax: 404.727.2257
http://languagecenter.emory.edu/