We have been using ipods for the last 2 years. We have a pool of 30 loaners that
students can take out for a weekend, a trip or whatever. We have set up an "iPod
filling station" that synchronizes our loaners to the complete libraries of MP3
files in the various languages taught here.

Students were rather reluctant to borrow thse units in the beginning, primarily
for reasons of losing or theft. Instructors still need to understand how to best
integrate the capabilities of these units in their courses.

Otmar Foelsche