dl-recorder is a Windows/OS-X compatible application that simulates the basic functions of a language lab cassette machine. As of today we are releasing the dl-recorder in beta 2. This release version is for the PC only. We'll release a beta 1 version for OS-X in the near future (probably by the end of this month). The OS-X version still suffers from the somewhat incomplete version of Apple's Java 1.4.1 for which the workarounds have to be fine-tuned. Download from http://schiller.dartmouth.edu/dl-recorder. The next update is expected around August 1.