--- Forwarded Message from Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:50:34 -0400
>From: Zachary Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      MS Windows encoding
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hello,

I am new to the list and have scanned the archive, so I apologize if this
issue has already been dealt with.

In Internet Explorer under Tools ... Internet Options ... General (tab) ...
Languages (button), I was configuring which languages the browser
would support and  I noticed that they are listed in a hierarchy of
importance.  Presumably when there is overlap, a higher ranked
language is the default.

How have other people ranked these languages? Should similar
writing systems (CJK for example) be closely grouped?

Zach Chandler
Colby College