He needs to have aa modem card or go a university where they might give him an ethernet connection somewhere. With a modem card he needs to dial into a service in Germany or use a compuserve account. We provide our faculty members in Germany with a compuserve account that is easily installed before departure from here. We dial the German access number from here to make sure that everything is OK.... the most popular service is "T-OnLine" - but there are also lots of local providers with excellent services and good customer support. Otmar