--- Forwarded Message from David Herren <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:23:07 -0400
>From: David Herren <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #6112 "Combi-Course"?

------------------
Perhaps not as elegantly brief, but we use "instructor-led web-centered
learning"

On Monday, May 7, 2001, at 03:13 PM, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> Here in Germany, I've heard the term "Combi-Course" (spelled
> "Kombi-Kurs" or something like that to suit German orthography) to
> describe an instructor-led course that uses the internet as an
> instructional component during class time. I've heard it used
> specifically in the ESL/EFL context, but I guess it's also used more
> generally.
>
> Is that name OK? Can you suggest any alternatives?

/david

--
david herren......shoreham, vt

Microsoft says they're going to create "fault tolerant'' software.
Why would they want to do that, when they've spent two decades developing
fault tolerant customers?