Here's what's happening this Earth Week in Sustainability!

Susty students are all over campus! Find us at Dimensions, the Fossil Free Festival, and other tabling events. If you're interested in getting more involved with sustainability at Dartmouth–just ask a friendly face!

EARTH DAY 2024

...though really, if you ask us, every day should be Earth Day – but at the very least, we'll start by marking the month of April as a time to join together, give thanks for the abundance this world provides, and recommit ourselves to fighting for continued environmental flourishing and justice. There's a LOT happening around campus and in town to do just that – check out our Earth Month 2024 calendar for the full line-up of events!

Though Earth Day got its start rooted in social justice tactics drawn directly from the Civil Rights movement, some manifestations of the occasion have moved far from those origins, becoming benign and whitewashed. Read on here for an abbreviated history tracing the evolution of Earth Day and how it might be reoriented toward inclusivity and environmental justice.

ALL WEEK LONG
PLUM VILLAGE MONASTICS VISIT

MONDAY, April 22nd: HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!
POP-UP BIKES SHOP (PUBS)
3 - 5PM | Bikes Shop (Fahey-McLane)

TUESDAY, April 23rd
O-FARM WORKDAY
8 - 9:45AM | Rides from behind Robo
SUGAR CREW WORKDAY
2 - 4PM | Rides from behind Robo
CELEBRATING DARTMOUTH'S CLIMATE COMMITMENT: AN EVENING OF COMING TOGETHER & HOPE
5 - 6:30PM | Collis Common Ground

FREE MARKET THRIFT STORE OPEN HOURS
7 - 9PM | North Mass Basement

WEDNESDAY, April 24th
SUSTAINABILITY OFFICE HOURS
12:00PM - 1:30PM | Robinson Hall (106)

THURSDAY, April 25th
O-FARM WORKDAY
8 - 9:45AM | Rides from behind Robo
FREE MARKET THRIFT STORE OPEN HOURS
12:30 - 2PM | North Mass Basement
SUGAR CREW WORKDAY
2 - 4PM | Rides from behind Robo
CLIMATE ACTION AND MINDFULNESS DHARMA TALK
4:30 - 5:30PM | Spanos Auditorium, Cummings 100
WALKING MEDITATION: ENERGIZING OURSELVES AND CAMPUS
4:45 - 6:15PM | Meet in lobby of ECSC

FRIDAY, April 26th
FREE MARKET THRIFT STORE VOLUNTEER HOURS
7 - 9PM | North Mass Basement

SATURDAY, April 27th
FREE MARKET THRIFT STORE OPEN HOURS
12PM - 3PM | North Mass Basement

SUNDAY, April 28th
FREE MARKET THRIFT STORE OPEN HOURS
12PM - 3PM | North Mass Basement

WEEKLY FEATURE

So much of our media is mired in gloom and doom–and don't get us wrong, there's a lot to be wary of when it comes to our fight for a just, livable future in the face of intensifying injustices and climate change. But, there's also SO much good work being done, too, that rarely gets highlighted, and we're here to begin to change that.

If you've got a climate win or sustainability star you're excited about, big or small, email us at [log in to unmask], and we'll include it in next week's newsletter! According to the IPCC, every action that prevents further degrees of global warming, no matter what scale, is meaningful.

OTHER EVENTS

Below, find events from other campus and local organizations related to sustainability, climate, and social justice!

FOSSIL FREE FESTIVAL
5 - 7PM | The Dartmouth Green

WORKSHOP ON CLIMATE COMMUNICATION
3PM | Vail Room 710

ENERGY AND CLIMATE CAREERS OFFICE HOURS
Tuesdays | 12 - 1PM | IR 155

Catch the online version of the newsletter here, and be sure to follow us on Instagram to stay in the loop!