Please join us for a lunch gathering with Rowen White at the Dartmouth Organic Farm!

Seed and Story Swap with Rowen White

Monday, October 23 | 12 – 1:30PM | Dartmouth Organic Farm

Please join us at the Dartmouth Organic Farm for lunch and conversation with Rowen White. White is a Seedkeeper, farmer, and author from the Mohawk community of Akwesasne and a passionate activist for Indigenous seed and food sovereignty, serving as Educational Director and lead mentor of Sierra Seeds and Founder of the Indigenous Seedkeepers Network. We’ll gather together to enjoy food from Moon and Stars Arepas, featuring masa made with heirloom corn, while we celebrate the generosity and potency of seeds. Optionally, if you save seeds yourself, please feel free to bring some to swap and tell stories about! This event is open to the public–all are welcome to join in our discussion of Indigenous food sovereignty.

Dartmouth students may sign up for a ride leaving from behind Robinson at 11:45AM and returning to campus at 1:45PM via Trailhead.

This event is part of Dartmouth’s Food Day, sponsored by Dartmouth Dining, the Native American and Indigenous Studies Department, the Environmental Studies Department, and Dartmouth Sustainability.

Kim Wind

Department Administrator, Environmental Studies

6182 Steele Hall, Room 112

Hanover, NH  03755

603-646-2838