BUMPING! Applications close tomorrow night!

From: Dartmouth Cancer Scholars
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2023 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Apply to be a Dartmouth Cancer Scholar!

Are you interested in Oncology?

Interested in a future career related to cancer research or clinical oncology?

Look no further because Dartmouth Cancer Scholars is starting up again in the fall, and we are now accepting applications via this google form!

TLDR: Dartmouth Cancer Scholars is a program organized by the Dartmouth Cancer Center/Dartmouth Hitchcock. It gives students - sophomores and up only - who are interested in oncology with special access to DCC oncologists and researchers. No prior experience in oncology is required! We plan on having mainly in-person meetings this year. Apply at this link by 11:59pm ET on Monday, September 18th, and reach out with any questions!

Dartmouth Cancer Scholars is a special program organized by the Dartmouth Cancer Center, which is part of the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. The Scholars are a group of undergraduates (sophomores and up only) who meet throughout the term to listen to speakers that introduce a vast array of topics in cancer including basic science, translational science, and clinical care. The scholars will also get special access to tours of the Dartmouth Cancer center facility and labs and to funding for oncology-related research. Additionally, it is one component necessary for obtaining Dartmouth Cancer Center’s Oncology Certificate, the only certificate program for undergraduates associated with a National Cancer Institute-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. Oncology Certificate holders are named Student Members of the Dartmouth Cancer Center and are welcomed into the intellectual exchanges and collaboration that characterize our Research Programs.

To be a Dartmouth Cancer Scholar, you must be active at least two of the three terms and be able to regularly attend weekly meetings. Please apply using this google form by 11:59pm ET on Monday, September 18th.

https://forms.gle/RLRjL2TWZNdKpcif6

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask] or visit our website at https://cancer.dartmouth.edu/health-care-professionals/dartmouth-cancer-scholars.

You can also contact our student directors directly at:

Isabella Fox ‘24: [log in to unmask]

Sarah Lamson ‘24: [log in to unmask]

Abdibaset Bare ‘25: [log in to unmask]

Helah Snelling ‘25: [log in to unmask]