Hello all!

Vaishnavi Katragadda ’24 is kicking off a new student volunteer group. She’ll be hosting an info session TONIGHT if you are interested. See below for more information!

Sincerely,

Sarah, Nicole, and Rae

Hi everyone!

I’ve been working on creating a non-profit organization called Dhiya Foundation focused on addressing issues centered around loneliness and long-term health among the rural elderly population. Given that loneliness is an important social determinant of health, my goal is to increase connections both among the elderly and between volunteers and the elderly to help improve long-term health outcomes.

Another aspect of my organization is empowering individuals in their healthcare journey through basic first aid classes, allowing for better outcomes given difficulties with fast response times from first responders in a super rural area.

I am currently looking for volunteers for the non-profit. Please reach out to me through email ([log in to unmask]) if you are interested!

I will also be hosting an interest meeting this Wednesday at 8:30 pm on Zoom (link here:

https://dartmouth.zoom.us/j/96012273886?pwd=OXBMNVppVWxORm50Y3lZb1A2aS91dz09).

Our mission statement and vision are copied below for more information.

Mission statement: At Dhiya Foundation, we work towards a healthier future by tackling healthcare inequities head-on. We will transform healthcare through empowerment and representation. We target key disparities at the intersection of rural and elderly care, where accessible, reliable, and cutting-edge medical attention remains a challenge when compared to cities. Starting in New Hampshire and Vermont, we're devoted to empowering individuals to take charge of their well-being using our instructional resources and partnerships. Additionally, representation matters to us, and we’re committed to increasing the diversity of healthcare providers, creating a more inclusive and culturally competent medical landscape. By working towards these goals, we aim to revolutionize healthcare, reduce present disparities, and create a lasting improvement in healthcare for all.

Vision: We envision a world where quality healthcare is universally accessible, transcending geographical, demographic, and social barriers. We strive towards an equitable relationship between patient and provider, in an environment where patients are empowered to take charge of their care while providers focus on cultural understanding, treating people over illnesses.

Access the HPP26 Home Page and Archives

Unsubscribe from the HPP26 List