Calling for submissions for the Dartmouth Radical 19W!

The Radical is a publication that concerns global, national, and school politics from radical left perspective (a specific yet broad, maybe undefinable, term), highlighting voices often excluded from other campus works.

In light of the College’s celebration of its 250th anniversary, this term’s theme is “250: What’s Missing,” and the issue will address missed and forgotten histories (both activisms and injustices) of Dartmouth and reflect on addressing current issues going forward. Some examples include (but not limited to!!) institutional memory, institutional amnesia, and other topics related to the theme.

How do we remember a school with a fraught history of settler colonial violence, anti-blackness, and white supremacy, entangled in an ever-growing capitalism world? How have we forgotten the activisms/activists that have worked to transform this institution? What do we do going from here on out?

Submissions can be essays (fictional or non-fictional), poetry, drawings, or any other forms of writing and visual art that fit with the theme, due on February 14th. Submissions can be sent to this email directly.

Feel free to reply with any questions or concerns!