Are you fluent in a foreign language?

Would you like a campus job with flexible hours?

Do you enjoy assisting your peers?

The Tutor Clearinghouse is Hiring! Apply to be a Conversation Partner!

What is a Conversation Partner?

Conversation Partners are students who are fluent in a foreign language who provide other students with speaking, listening, and communication practice. They Do Not, however, teach grammar or help with course work. The rate of pay is $8/hour and students provide up to 2 hours a week of conversing in the language of study.

Spanish is currently our highest demand, but we are hiring for other languages as well.

*******You do not have to have taken a language class at Dartmouth to be hired as a Conversation Partner. Your speaking skills may be evaluated by asking a professor to have a short conversation in the language in question and having them fill out a professor recommendation*******

The application to be a Conversation Partner can be found HERE and the Recommendation Form is found WITHIN THE APPLICATION.

NOTE: You must have BOTH a completed application and a Recommendation Form in order to be hired and matched with other students!

Please visit the Academic Skills Center website HERE if you have any questions or feel free to reach out!

We hope to receive your application soon!

The Tutor Clearinghouse

Academic Skills Center | Dartmouth College

224 Baker Library | 603.646.9893