Hey there Class of 2021!

*IT'S FRIDAY!*

[image: friday.gif]

So…………

APPLY FOR *STRIPS DIRECTORATE! IT'S DUE SOON! (Wednesday Jan 30th, 11.59pm
to be exact!)*

Wait, but what is *Strips?!*

Strips is a perfect way to start sophomore summer in the outdoors (see
description at bottom). We’ve already started working to make this year’s
Strips exciting and accessible for people of all backgrounds, identities,
and abilities. If you like thinking creatively about these things, then do
we have an offer for you.

We have *FOUR* types of Directorate positions this year: *Safety Leads (2)*,
an *Outdoor Logistics Coordinator (1)*, *Outreach Coordinators (2)*,
and a *Sustainability
Coordinator (1)*. Detailed descriptions and the actual application is a
Google Form you can access by clicking HERE
<https://goo.gl/forms/CrJwyqlJBwP1cH2V2>.

In addition to their specific roles, these six Directorate members will
participate in Directorate-wide discussions and be crucial in making Strips
an amazing experience for *everyone*. It’s a great opportunity to impact
not only individuals in our class, but our class culture, and how we do
things at Dartmouth as a whole. These positions will require a significant
time commitment (5 hours/week spring term), critical thinking, flexibility,
responsibility, and in the end, will be unbelievably rewarding and fun.

Take a look at the application form, consider applying, and don’t hesitate
to blitz/ask us any questions you have--we’d love to chat :)

Much love,

The 19X Strips Directors,

Elliot Ng and Will French

*Strips, you say? What on earth is that? *

Sophomore Trips is an outdoors program that originated in 1999 and is based
off of DOC First-Year Trips.  In the same vein as Trips, it is *NOT *meant
for only people interested in the outdoors. Strips is a special Dartmouth
tradition that gets more and more meaningful to Strippees of all
backgrounds each year. The purpose behind Strips is to bring sophomores
from all over campus together on a 3-day outing trip at the beginning of
sophomore summer. It's an awesome way to meet new people from your class,
relive that First-Year Trips bonding or go on one for the first time, and
kick-off Sophomore Summer in an incredible way. Strips is the largest class
gathering between orientation and graduation.