**THIS WEEK IN SUSTAINABILITY
Brought to you by the Sustainability Office

Monday (01/21)
SUSTAINABILITY 101
5-6:30pm in Collis 101
Ever wonder how sustainable our campus is? In one quick crash course, get an overview of sustainability related operations on campus (energy, water, food, waste systems, etc.). Find out what is happening in the sustainability realm at Dartmouth!

MLK KEYNOTE: Franchesca Ramsey
7-9pm in Spaulding Auditorium (HOP)
"Franchesca Ramsey is a social justice advocate, comedian, actress writer, video blogger, sought after speaker, and the host of award-winning MTV DECODED. She has been featured on NPR, Anderson Live, CNN and in the New York Times. A former writer and correspondent for Comedy Central's The Nightly Show with Larry Whitmore she has also written multiple television projects in development. Her first book Well That Escalated Quickly was published by Hachette/Grand Central on May 22nd, 2018."

Tuesday (01/22)
SUSTAINABILITY ACTION WORKSHOP (SAW) MEETING
5-6:30pm in Hornig Library (Fairchild)
Want to learn about the ways you can create positive change at Dartmouth this fall? Join us in Hornig to get the conversation started for 18W

DIVEST DARTMOUTH
9:00pm in Robo 108
  Interested in learning about how Dartmouth's investments are related to social justice? Want to learn more about the national fossil fuel divestment movement that has taken hold in college campuses across the country? Join us for our weekly meeting. All are welcome!

Wednesday (01/23)

FARM CLUB MEETING
4:00-5:00pm in Hornig Library (First Floor Fairchild Hall)
Come learn about how to get involved at the Organic Farm

PERSPECTIVES & A PINT: Many Hat
5:00-6:30pm in One Wheelock
Come listen to student talk about their roles in a variety of offices across campus. They will be sharing their journey and how sustainability percolates into their other work.  No prior involvement with the office necessary, just curiosity!
Drinks for 21+ and Root Beer ft. Snacks!

 [cid:5ca8a49f-9523-42ef-8fed-041f7202bdf8]

 SUSTAINABILITY SUMMIT PLANNING MEETING
5:30-6:30pm in Collis 221
Want to be involved in planning a conference that many sustainability student leaders from other colleges will attend? Come to our meeting! This is a great way to get involved in sustainability and event planning on campus — no experience necessary. '22s and new members welcome! Don't worry if you weren't involved in the Summit last fall!We are excited to welcome anyone new this term!

Thursday (01/24)
SUSTAINABILITY OFFICE HOURS
12-2pm in Robo 108
Curious about how to get involved in sustainability? Have a cool idea? Just want to chat? Come visit us (and try some of our delicious baked goods)!

 DARTMOUTH ENERGY COLLABORATIVE LUNCH
12:15-1:15pm in Fahey First Floor Commons
  In an effort to demystify the energy sector and provide Dartmouth students with an opportunity to think critically about our energy future, the Sustainability Office and Irving Institute for Energy and Society have set out on the third Energy Immersion trip- this time to the Gulf Coast. This past winter break, a group of 12 Dartmouth students traveled to Texas and Louisiana for their 2-week journey. They learned about the oil and gas industry, wind developments and the "duel challenge" of meeting U.S. energy needs while mitigating negative impacts to the environment and public health. Through engaging with over 15 stakeholders, the students gained an appreciation for the complexity of the energy sector and heard about the histories, law, economics, technology, and grassroots efforts that influence the way our energy systems operate. Come to hear these students share their experiences and insights from the trip!

Sunday (01/27)
SPEED STORIES
6:00pm at Occom Commons
RSVP: TINYURL.COM/STORIESYOUNG
[cid:9e563d89-47ba-4ccc-90ff-d25a1b45aaf7]

For more information, visit:
www.sustainability.dartmouth.ed<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sustainability.dartmouth.edu%2F&data=02%7C01%7CDalia.Guadalupe.Rodriguez.Caspeta%40dartmouth.edu%7C0fe11687ed574f9967a208d63dcb0f35%7C995b093648d640e5a31ebf689ec9446f%7C0%7C0%7C636764339700771588&sdata=FOVEZ1bJTDNaA%2BKrrr0rJvX9oP4f%2B%2BkeYi%2Fkzs9mAOA%3D&reserved=0>