Join us at 6pm in Silsby 028 for a powerful lecture on intellectual diversity, human rights, and challenging extremism.

Join Dartmouth College Republicans and Dartmouth Open Campus Coalition to hear Dr. Tawfik Hamid discuss the importance of critical thinking and ideological diversity in combatting radical Islam. Dr. Hamid is an Islamic thinker and reformer, and one time Islamic extremist from Egypt. He was a member of an Islamic terrorist organization, JI, with Dr. Ayman Al-Zawaherri, who became later on the second in command of Al-Qaeda. Some twenty-five years ago, he recognized the threat of radical Islam and the need for a reformation based upon modern, peaceful interpretations of classical Islamic core texts.

The event will take place TONIGHTNovember 1st from 6-7 PM in Silsby 028. All are welcome for prepared remarks followed by Q&A with the speaker.

The event is brought to you through the Critical Thinking Unit, a joint partnership between Ideas Beyond Borders and the Ayaan Hirsi Ali Foundation.

IMPORTANT: This event will have a much milder and less provocative tone than the last College Republicans event and concerns a non-partisan topic, so hopefully, this will not cause an atmosphere similar to that of our last event. Dr. Hamid is a well-respected scholar, medical doctor, and speaker, so we are sure he will encourage a more moderate and productive atmosphere than our last guest.