Dear Students,

I hope all is well and that the Fall term is starting out smoothly. I’m reaching out because the Tucker Center for Spiritual and Ethical Life is actively looking for students to join us during our annual 2019 Alternative Spring Break Trip to explore the issues of faith, race and justice in the Washington DC metro area.  We would like to invite to you apply to be a trip participant.

The Faith, Race, and Justice: Washington DC Alternative Spring Break trip seeks to bring together students from a diversity of religious and moral traditions to explore the issues of race and justice. Together, the group will engage a variety of religious communities, Dartmouth Alumni, students, and public officials wrestling with many of today’s toughest social challenges.  Participants will have the opportunity to ask provocative questions about one of the most important issues of justice facing our national community and develop meaningful relationships within the context of religious difference while delving deeply into personal visions of what it means to live a moral life. Students from all religious and moral traditions are encouraged to apply.

To be eligible, ASB Trip participants must be on campus during the Winter 2019 term to attend pre-trip educational sessions. For more details, please read the attached application.

I want to encourage you to consider this opportunity to join our ASB Trip this year. If interested, please e-mail the attached application to me no later than Sunday, September 30.

All the best.

Khalil Abdullah

Muslim Advisor and Interim Multi-Faith Advisor

Tucker Center, Dartmouth College

khalil[log in to unmask]

603-646-9919

Al-Nur