             SPLIT
             ROLL
             THROW
             TOSS
             BURN
             TOSS AXES INTO
             RUN ON TOP OF

WOOD!!!

If you have ever wanted to (or while reading this email discovered a desire to) try your hand at competitive lumberjacking, now is the time! Join us, the Dartmouth Woodsmen Team**, at our first practice of the term, this Wednesday (tomorrow) from 4:30-6:30 pm, led by our wonderful Ben.  All of our practices are open to anyone.  Meet behind Robinson Hall (Robo) at the beginning of the time periods above with water, closed toe shoes, and clothes you don't mind getting a bit dirty for a ride to and from practice (which is at Oak Hill, a 5 minute drive).

CHOP WOOD, GET BURLY, HAVE FUN!!

-Woodsmen's Leaders

*Acceptable forms of burly are: past, present, future, mind, body, and soul.

**More information about the team: We are, as mentioned above, a competitive lumberjacking team.  We compete a couple of times a term with other schools from the area in events modeled after traditional lumberjack activities (felling trees, cutting them up, burning them, etc.).  We hold totally open practices a few times a week, where you (yes, you) can learn and practice events for an upcoming meet or just for your own enjoyment (or best, both!!!).  We love having beginners and are always looking for more dedicated competitors.  It's a good workout and a great way to get outside.  Blitz us ([log in to unmask]) with any questions!