Error during command authentication.

Hello, Dartmouth!

Would you like to raid a first year trip? Do you want to show incoming students some whimsical welcome in their first few days at Dartmouth? If so, we invite you to raid Trips 2018!

What is a raid? A raid is a planned encounter with a first year trip, where students surprise trippees on the trail, at the cabin or campsite with some sort of activity, with the purpose of introducing trippees to more upperclassmen. Often, this takes the form of students dressing up in flair and pretending to be in the middle of a random task or scenario.Past raids have included dressing up as "Cabot cheese makers" and asking trippees to sample new flavors, or as trolls under a bridge and giving trippees riddles before they cross. But raids can also be as simple as baking cookies for the trip and then hanging out for a bit! After the trippees have been sufficiently confused and entertained, students stay, chat, and get to know the trip.

Head to this link to read the guidelines and sign up:
https://www.doctrips.org/db/2018/raids/

One important rule: Please do NOT
 raid a trip without signing the raid blog!!

It's great to raid trips, but it is important that we all deliberately think through and plan our interactions with first year students to ensure they are safe and respectful! Every year, we have had incidents with students not involved in the Trips program who raid trips in a way that is scary, jarring, or otherwise inappropriate. We also want to avoid 10 different groups raiding the same trip, leaving them little time to bond with one another.

Overall, we want to include the entire Dartmouth community in Trips, but in a responsible and fun way! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Best,
Lucia and Dalia
DOC First-Year Trips Program
Dartmouth College
Robinson Hall 103
Hanover, NH  03755
(p) 603.646.3996
Blog: http://docfirstyeartrips.wordpress.com

Lucia Pierson '18, Director
Dalia Rodriguez-Caspeta '18, Assistant Director