Tonight we have two questions to grapple with. But first a quote:

‘The Last Supper conjoins the moment of dying unto oneself and serving the other in the sharing of food and wine which joins the dying person to the multitude of survivors reunited in community. This is why it is remarkable that Jesus never theorized about this or never said who he was. Maybe he didn’t know, for he lived the Eucharistic gesture, bridged the gap between the imminence of death and the community beyond.’

These words were written by French theologian and philosopher Paul Ricouer just a short while before he died.

Our first question is linked to Ricouer's words directly: 1) What is Eucharist for you? Do you agree with Ricoeur's embracing of Eucharistic agnosticism? What do you make of how Eucharist joins the living and the dead? Is community an important part of Eucharist for you?

Our second question is linked to Ricoeur's context. 2) How does the time of your life affect what you believe? How has your thinking about faith evolved? Where do see it evolving? Can you see you needing something different from faith in the future?

Join me in at the wonderfully airconditioned Salt Hill Pub tonight at 9pm as we wrestle with these thoughts over a cool drink and fries.

The Rev Dr Guy Collins
Rector and Episcopal College Chaplain
St Thomas Church
603 643 4155